Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sleekit takes a trip...

...down memory lane. Five years to be exact; the occasion - my fabulous wedding. This weekend marks the anniversary and the coming together of two kindred spirits, two soul mates, two partners in crime and the biggest party ever!

In true Sleekit style I made it my own. A white off the shelf dress would just not do, so I commissioned a dress maker, we worked on some ideas and came up with this beautiful gown. Taking inspiration from Japanese culture, I had envisaged a dress that would cater for the beach ceremony during the day and transform by night allowing me to kick up my heels on the dance floor; after all there would be a large Scottish contingent, meaning lots of dancing and shenanigans. The shoes I sourced from a shop at the newly opened GPO in Melbourne (it closed a while back), the hair pins online. My husband wore Kenzo and to be honest almost stole the show, but there was plenty of room in the spotlight for two that day.

I want to dedicate this post to my beloved. We are still as strong, when we first met 14 years ago (can you believe it!). For your unconditional love and understanding, for putting me first - always, for giving me the most beautiful son, for getting me, for making me laugh, for putting up with me when I was planning our wedding (I did have a few controlling bridezilla moments, well who doesn't, eh), for being there when times were not so good. Don't ever change, I love all of you; the whole package. Happy Anniversary - in sickness and in health, till death us do part.


Divine Family.

Love Wifey xx
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. sniff sniff, Gorgeous everything truly just georgeous. Congrats on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff sniff indeed! Very lovely. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIVINE! Your dress is amazing, love everything. And your husband's suit is amazing. You look like a gorgeous couple.

    Oh and that fragrance is my very favourite.. Damn shame they discontinued it. BOO!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share