Monday, August 9, 2010

Let them eat cake

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It was my little boy's 2nd birthday at the weekend and we had a big party. Having never attempted a novelty children's cake I set myself a challenge to make the 'Jungle fever' cake from the infamous Woman's Weekly cookbook. To my delight it didn't turn to shit and was a great success and my little boy absolutely loved it, by the end of the day he looked like a wee hulk all covered in green icing!

I had intended to wear a whole jungle theme outfit but in the end I ran out of time to organise and opted for my black French Connection jumpsuit, mimco sash, Jay Jays cardie and pink higher than heels (totally impractical for a kids party but totally me). I did wear my barrel of monkeys necklace though.

The birthday boy wore his new Kickers (from Gran n Papa in Scotland), skinny jeans from Cotton On, T shirt from Munster and cardie from Minti. Good boys clothes are hard to find in a sea of combats and slogan tees but I find these brands think outside the box. I know I may be bias, but come on how cute does he look!

Much fun was had by all and thankfully I can put my apron up for another year. Phew!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you did really well! The cake is amazing! You both look great too, your little man looks so stylish, I love his kickers especially. But thats no suprise with a cool fashionista as his Mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like lots of fun. You're the glammest woman I've ever seen at a kid's party! xx
    http://www.weshopthereforeweare.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share