Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Parasol and red bow shoes

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Summer in Melbourne - sunny, warm, un-seasonally wet with a swarm of locusts heading my way, juxtaposed to Winter in Glasgow - cold, freezin, ciaos and knee deep in snow...I know where I would rather be. Got me thinking just how much the weather can impact on your life and well being. I don't think I would survive a Scottish winter now having embraced Melbourne for its timely seasonal and mostly beautiful weather.
The Australian sun, while welcomed can also be very damaging. My Scottish skin requires regular sun screen to avoid burning and to be honest my tanning days are well and truley over (mahogany has never been my colour) so I was well chuffed to receive a gift from my in-laws of this stunning red parasol. Stylish and practical it goes with most outfits, this will be a summer staple for me, compliments on the street have been plentiful.
Also embracing my new shoes, gifted to me by my good friend Anthea (What's for Tea), I absolutely adore them, thank you lady.
So moral of this little story, Slip, Slop, Slap and maybe get yourself a stylish parasol this summer and spare a thought for those poor bastards back in Scotland who are freezin their arses off in a bid to get out the door.

Love always

Sleekit x

top: red dog3
skirt: french connection
belt: kookai
shoes: gifted
parasol: gifted
brooch: gifted
bangle: rg madden

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty outfit!
    Today it's -11 degrees in Glasgow. The entire public transport system has come to a halt. No buses or trains and lots of people were actually stranded in their cars overnight. I'm off work cos I can't actually get there. Sounds fun, but it's beginning to really impact on everything - no bread or milk in local shops. It's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madame G - I feel for you hun, we watched a programme called 'Frozen Scotland' last night, looks grim, stay warm and watch your step on the black ice

    Stephanie - thanks lady :)

    Sleekit x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share