Thursday, October 6, 2011

A few new things around my home

English Cornish-ware, you can get some here 

 The Chinese Girl (often popularly known as The Green Lady) is a 1950 painting by Vladimir Tretchikoff.

My mum recently moved house and with a smaller space has off loaded some treasures to me. The Vladimir Tretchikoff print has been in my family for years and I have always loved it, it sat at the top of our stairs in our house back in Cumbernauld, Scotland, always visible as you came through the front door. It was given to my mum and dad as a wedding gift. It was mass produced in the 60s and became the world's biggest selling art print. Reminds me of home and growing up.
The English Cornish-ware was also given to my mum as a gift. I love the simplicity of the design, it's so iconic; conjures up images of British families sitting round the breakfast table. I hope to buy some dinner plates and bowls to add to the collection.
Have you inherited something that reminds you of your youth and growing up??

1 comment:

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share