Sunday, November 20, 2011

Wee bit dotty and crossroads

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
At the end of the week I will be celebrating turning the ripe ol age of 37. At 36 your still hanging by a baw hair to 35, 37 your on the path to the big 4 0. I'm not scared of aging but there are some choices that scare the crap of of me; Do I need to start dressing my age? Has my clock started ticking, you know which clock I mean? Not big questions but change is upon me, I can feel it.
Before I went to New York, I proclaimed that I would cull my blog when I came back, end on a high and yet here I am still uploading and talking shit. Am I simply addicted to this forum?
Last week I went to see the movie Bill Cunningham New York, if you haven't already seen it I implore you to. Bill, 80+ is fashion photographer for the New York Times, mainly known for his street style photography. He was shooting the streets way before the Sartorialist was even a twinkle in his mothers eye. He leads a very simplistic life, untouched by fame and fortune and purely in love with his craft. This film inspired me to continue with my own passion for an alternative wardrobe but juxtaposed with my need for social media, do I really need it in my life?

Today's dotty outfit
jumpsuit: Sportsgirl
belt: Kookai
shoes: Peter Alexander
brooch: Somewhere on Elgin St, Melbourne

2 comments:

  1. I think you look fabulous and that you dress entirely appropriately for your age.

    On the question of social media, I think it depends on a number of factors. Namely, do you see social media as an indulgence or relevant to your career? And if it is an indulgence, is it negatively impacting your life? If the answer is no, then I see now need to stop doing something that you seem to enjoy.

    Happy Birthday, you look fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Hannah for the great advice and for leaving such a lovely comment, I have such great readers which makes it hard to say goodbye to Sleekit
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking time to leave a comment for sleekit x

Related Posts with Thumbnails Bookmark and Share